This post was originally created in 2011. Please forgive our photos from our early days of blogging.
I have now lived in the US for two years and I am yet to find a decent British style sausage for breakfast. Don’t get me wrong, there are many great sausages available, just not traditional British ones. So here is a great Lincolnshire sausage recipe. For a while I lived near Stamford in Lincolnshire and Nelsons Butchers (in Market Square) probably have the best sausages in the area. If you find yourself there you should stop in and take some home!
- 175g (6oz) white bread (we baked a sour dough with no yeast as the yeast can alter the flavor)
- Pork and pork fat in about a 3:1 Ratio. We used a pork butt from the butchers as this provide the fat and meat in about the right ratio.
- 900g (1lb ) of meat to 225g (1/2 cup pork fat)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons rubbed dried sage (or fresh if in season)
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper (ground)